Sunday, March 25, 2012

Advice for grouping stored procedures?

I am preparing to upgrade a fairly large application, so I'm looking for some advice before I begin my design. I have quite a bit of experience in Oracle, but I am required to use SQLServer for data storage in this application. When using Oracle, it is easy to group related stored procedures into packages. In SQLServer; however, I don't seem to have that option. Any opinions on a good way to group code for easy maintenance and navigation (i.e. in Management Studio - I'd prefer not to see a list of several hundred stored procedures)? I've already thought about naming conventions, but I'd prefer a solution that is more like the Oracle package solution.In SQL 2005 you can create a project and store all scripts for procs in it also you can use Schemas to group your database objects and rights to them.

Good Luck.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment