Sunday, March 25, 2012

Advice

I am a bit concerned I am not doing everything I can with regards to
security on my SQL2000 server. My current setup is as follows:
SQL server in LAN, Firewall between outside world and the LAN using port
forwarding to pass the SQL Server comms to the server. Server comms is all
password protected, with only read/write/update/insert access granted to any
user outside of the LAN.
What I want to know is, is there anything else I could be doing. For
instance I currently have a separate webserver in a DMZ, should I pass all
SQL comms to the webserver first then use somekind of port forwarding to
pass it on to the LAN?
Thanks for any suggestions anybody might have.What do you mean by 'server comms'?
Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
Westwood Consulting, Inc
Most good judgment comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgment.
- Anonymous
"JosephByrns" <josephbyrns@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:OyzcrpktGHA.2088@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I am a bit concerned I am not doing everything I can with regards to
>security on my SQL2000 server. My current setup is as follows:
> SQL server in LAN, Firewall between outside world and the LAN using port
> forwarding to pass the SQL Server comms to the server. Server comms is
> all password protected, with only read/write/update/insert access granted
> to any user outside of the LAN.
> What I want to know is, is there anything else I could be doing. For
> instance I currently have a separate webserver in a DMZ, should I pass all
> SQL comms to the webserver first then use somekind of port forwarding to
> pass it on to the LAN?
> Thanks for any suggestions anybody might have.
>|||I mean that all SQL Server requests (i.e. requests for data) from outside of
the LAN are being forwarded to the SQL Server using port forwarding.
"Arnie Rowland" <arnie@.1568.com> wrote in message
news:eDd2C9ltGHA.1508@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> What do you mean by 'server comms'?
> --
> Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
> Westwood Consulting, Inc
> Most good judgment comes from experience.
> Most experience comes from bad judgment.
> - Anonymous
>
> "JosephByrns" <josephbyrns@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:OyzcrpktGHA.2088@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment