Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Advice on dimension-dependant KPI Goals

We have KPI goals that vary based on the country or state.

For instance for US Stores, the goal is 2, and for stores in NY the goal is 2.8

I can create an SQL table with KPI_Name, Country or State, and KPI_Goal. I can also generate a view that will provide the proper KPI goal for each store.

What is the best practice to implement this kind of KPI ? I just don't know where to start. The examples I've seen are all hardcoded, like CASE when Store = XXX then 2.8

I'd rather avoid hardcoding KPI goals in the cube design as I'm expecting users to adjust goals regularily.

Can you create KPI goal measure group on its own. This is quite common. Then when you build KPIs, for goal you select value from this measure group.|||Good idea. Why didn't I think of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment