Sunday, March 25, 2012

Advice needed

Hi everyone,

My hoster hosts asp.net but does not yet support sql 2005 only sql 2000 and access I want to use either of the starter kits. I am confused on what is needed to make the changes to make either sql 2000 or access work. I know enough that the connection strings will need to change my concern is code. Is there strings that I will need to find and change in the application. I sure would appreciate any and all advice. Thank you for your help.

DKB

Chances are that no changes (apart from the connection string) will need to be made to accommodate Sql Server 2000. Access will need some changes to the SQL statements at the very least.

http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.com/what-are-the-main-differences-between-access-and-sql-server.html

No comments:

Post a Comment