Sunday, March 25, 2012

Advice

Hi,
Nightly I am importing 8000 rows of data into a table with 3 billion rows.
The table has one clustered index. Should I disable the clustered index
before importing? If so where do I find info on disabling and enabling
clustered index on a column?
ThanksYou can't "disable" a clustered index, you would have to drop it and
recreate it. And doing that would be very costly with 3 billion rows. So,
you do not want to do that.
Tom
"Chris" <Chris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:85B9A949-CDC1-410C-90C3-CC3502C055D3@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> Nightly I am importing 8000 rows of data into a table with 3 billion rows.
> The table has one clustered index. Should I disable the clustered index
> before importing? If so where do I find info on disabling and enabling
> clustered index on a column?
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment