Sunday, March 25, 2012

advice

Hi,

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm very new to this.

I'm just trying to create a simple login page (
http://aarkenuk.co.uk/barnesg/login.php) In my MySQL databases I have the
correct database selected, but it's the users I'm struggling with. You get
like a front end with my hosting space (CpanelX) and in there I've created
user "admin" password "admin" but I cannot seem to login.

This is what I see in the front end..

Users in test
barnes_admin (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh =
DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:barnes_test:localhost","barnes_admin","<PASSWORD
HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "barnes_admin", "<PASSWORD
HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' .
mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("barnes_test");

Is there anything more I need to do? Do you login with barnes_admin or just
admin? (I've tried both) and why does it created barnes_admin and not just
admin? Also what are the connection strings for? do I need to do anything
with these?

Thanks very much in advance for any advice..

Gary"gjb" <Kookookaachoo@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:CkZLf.26271$wl.7873@.text.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
> Hi,
> Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm very new to this.
> I'm just trying to create a simple login page (
> http://aarkenuk.co.uk/barnesg/login.php) In my MySQL databases I have the
> correct database selected, but it's the users I'm struggling with. You get
> like a front end with my hosting space (CpanelX) and in there I've created
> user "admin" password "admin" but I cannot seem to login.

This is a Microsoft SQL Server group, not MySQL group so you're probably not
going to find as much help here as you'd ilke.

However, I would say taht you probably don't want an admin being able to
access your database from a webpage simply for security reasons.

> This is what I see in the front end..
> Users in test
> barnes_admin (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)
> Connection Strings
> Perl $dbh =
> DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:barnes_test:localhost","barnes_admin","<PASSWORD
> HERE>");
> PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "barnes_admin", "<PASSWORD
> HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' .
> mysql_error());
> mysql_select_db ("barnes_test");
>
> Is there anything more I need to do? Do you login with barnes_admin or
just
> admin? (I've tried both) and why does it created barnes_admin and not just
> admin? Also what are the connection strings for? do I need to do anything
> with these?
> Thanks very much in advance for any advice..
> Gary|||gjb (Kookookaachoo@.hotmail.com) writes:
> Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm very new to this.
> I'm just trying to create a simple login page (
> http://aarkenuk.co.uk/barnesg/login.php) In my MySQL databases I have the
> correct database selected, but it's the users I'm struggling with. You get
> like a front end with my hosting space (CpanelX) and in there I've created
> user "admin" password "admin" but I cannot seem to login.

I don't know whether the best place for this question is a newsgroup
about PHP or MySQL, but thius group is about Microsoft SQL Server, and your
chances to get help are not fantastic.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodin...ions/books.mspx|||Ah, again apologies for my ignorance, I wasn't aware there was a
differance...!

the admin thing was just a test login, but couldn't get it to work. I've
spotted a mysql newsgroup which I will post in...

Many thanks for the help.

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" <mooregr_deleteth1s@.greenms.com> wrote in message
news:6OZLf.3901$5M6.2416@.newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> "gjb" <Kookookaachoo@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:CkZLf.26271$wl.7873@.text.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm very new to this.
>>
>> I'm just trying to create a simple login page (
>> http://aarkenuk.co.uk/barnesg/login.php) In my MySQL databases I have the
>> correct database selected, but it's the users I'm struggling with. You
>> get
>> like a front end with my hosting space (CpanelX) and in there I've
>> created
>> user "admin" password "admin" but I cannot seem to login.
>>
>
> This is a Microsoft SQL Server group, not MySQL group so you're probably
> not
> going to find as much help here as you'd ilke.
>
> However, I would say taht you probably don't want an admin being able to
> access your database from a webpage simply for security reasons.
>
>> This is what I see in the front end..
>>
>> Users in test
>> barnes_admin (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)
>>
>> Connection Strings
>> Perl $dbh =
>> DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:barnes_test:localhost","barnes_admin","<PASSWORD
>> HERE>");
>> PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "barnes_admin", "<PASSWORD
>> HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' .
>> mysql_error());
>> mysql_select_db ("barnes_test");
>>
>>
>>
>> Is there anything more I need to do? Do you login with barnes_admin or
> just
>> admin? (I've tried both) and why does it created barnes_admin and not
>> just
>> admin? Also what are the connection strings for? do I need to do anything
>> with these?
>>
>> Thanks very much in advance for any advice..
>>
>> Gary
>>
>>
>>|||I'd learn about the differences between the two first! Its useful to know
the advantages and disadvantages of both.

Cheers, Ash

"gjb" <Kookookaachoo@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4SZLf.26282$wl.20042@.text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
> Ah, again apologies for my ignorance, I wasn't aware there was a
> differance...!
> the admin thing was just a test login, but couldn't get it to work. I've
> spotted a mysql newsgroup which I will post in...
> Many thanks for the help.
> "Greg D. Moore (Strider)" <mooregr_deleteth1s@.greenms.com> wrote in
> message news:6OZLf.3901$5M6.2416@.newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
>>
>> "gjb" <Kookookaachoo@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:CkZLf.26271$wl.7873@.text.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm very new to this.
>>>
>>> I'm just trying to create a simple login page (
>>> http://aarkenuk.co.uk/barnesg/login.php) In my MySQL databases I have
>>> the
>>> correct database selected, but it's the users I'm struggling with. You
>>> get
>>> like a front end with my hosting space (CpanelX) and in there I've
>>> created
>>> user "admin" password "admin" but I cannot seem to login.
>>>
>>
>>
>> This is a Microsoft SQL Server group, not MySQL group so you're probably
>> not
>> going to find as much help here as you'd ilke.
>>
>>
>> However, I would say taht you probably don't want an admin being able to
>> access your database from a webpage simply for security reasons.
>>
>>
>>> This is what I see in the front end..
>>>
>>> Users in test
>>> barnes_admin (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)
>>>
>>> Connection Strings
>>> Perl $dbh =
>>> DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:barnes_test:localhost","barnes_admin","<PASSWORD
>>> HERE>");
>>> PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "barnes_admin", "<PASSWORD
>>> HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' .
>>> mysql_error());
>>> mysql_select_db ("barnes_test");
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Is there anything more I need to do? Do you login with barnes_admin or
>> just
>>> admin? (I've tried both) and why does it created barnes_admin and not
>>> just
>>> admin? Also what are the connection strings for? do I need to do
>>> anything
>>> with these?
>>>
>>> Thanks very much in advance for any advice..
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment